Monkfish boiled in cider
- 2 1/2 lb (1.1kg) monkfish tail
- 1 big onion
- 50 cl of brut ordinary cider
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon star curry
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
image. C. Guintard
- Remove the tough grey skin and pink membrane from the monkfish tail. No need to remove the central bone
- chop the monkfish in quite big pieces
- Finely chop the onion
- heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Saute the onion
- add the cider and make it boil
- Add curry and salt
- drop the pieces of monkfish
- heat it to make it boil again.
- Remove from the heat
- 30 minutes before diner, heat the meal moderately
- appreciate this meal with boiled potatoes or rice and with cider …
The sauce, very liquid, can be consumed later as a soup with onions.
This meal is well done when monkfish pieces have a yellow extern colour and a white one inside, both having different tastes.